Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sharp Pain Left Side Under Rib Cage

And yet ... the embargo

Yesterday I wrote about the lack of foundation of the economic blockade of Cuba [1] and today I find the story that follows:

United States was only Israel backed by the embargo on Cuba

New York

note explains that today again called for a vote the extension of the blockade to Cuba, 187 countries voted against the blockade and only 2 in favor of keeping; 3 countries preferred to abstain. It's no surprise that nations affirmed their desire to continue the economic siege on the island were the U.S., the original drive, and Israel, the political ally of the former economic and military. According to the text, this was the 19th. vote on it, every year increasing numbers of opposition to the harsh sanction, and even the overwhelming opposition persists.

Again [2] I spoke against a bill that, as demonstrated by the consensus of nations, are unpopular. If nevertheless survives, then injured the values of democracy ... and how ironic is applied, according to American discourse, towards the strengthening of democracy itself.

Notes:
  1. A myth about democracy; I Chimney Sweep: http://deshollinador.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/un-mito-sobre-la-democracia/
  2. What stubborn stubbornness; I Chimney Sweep: http://deshollinador.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/que-terca-terquedad/

0 comments:

Post a Comment